HSBC Gold Credit Card is recognized and welcomed at over 32 million establishments worldwide. HSBC Gold Chip-enabled Credit Card is embedded with state of the art microchip technology for faster transaction processing and enhanced security.
Here are some of the key benefits:
- Competitive Interest Rate: You can benefit from a competitive monthly interest rate on retail purchases
- HSBC Entertainer Booklet: Get the exclusive HSBC Entertainer booklet which contains a selection of 'Buy 1 Get 1 Free' vouchers worth AED 25,000 covering dining, travel and entertainment when you pay with your HSBC Credit Card
- Air Miles Rewards Programme: Earn Air Miles for every AED spent with your HSBC Credit Card on retail purchases and redeem them from a range of rewards including airline tickets of your choice, travel, accommodation, shopping vouchers, electronics, entertainment or donations to charity
- Triple Access: With our Triple Access benefit, you can link up to three HSBC Accounts on your HSBC Credit Card. You can also transfer money and pay bills, across your HSBC Credit Card, Current and Savings Accounts
- Free Supplementary Cards: Get up to two supplementary Credit Cards to share among your family at no charge
- 0% Flexi Installment Plan (FIP): You can make purchases using your HSBC Credit Card and pay in easy monthly installments at 0% interest. Look out for these special offers, available from time to time on our website www.hsbc.ae/specialoffers
- Interest Free Period: Enjoy interest-free usage for up to 56 days on purchases when you choose to settle your monthly outstanding balance in full
- Minimum Monthly Payment: Pay as low as a minimum of 5% of your monthly outstanding balance or AED 100 (whichever is higher)
- Cash Advance: Get up to 40% of your available credit limit as cash advance
- Easy Payment Options: Use any of our payment channels that suit your convenience including Auto Pay service, Internet Banking
Effective July 2009, HSBC Classic Credit Cards are no longer offered to Customers. Fees outlined below for all these Cards are applicable to existing cardholders only.
|Description||VISA Platinum||Visa Gold||Visa Classic|
|Primary card annual fee||AED600||AED400||AED150|
|Supplementary cards (shared limit)||2 Free||2 Free||2 Free|
|Supplementary cards (set-up fee for separate limit)||AED100||AED75||AED50|
|Minimum payment||5% of Outstanding Balance or AED100 (Whichever is higher)||5% of Outstanding Balance or AED100 (Whichever is higher)||5% of Outstanding Balance or AED100 (Whichever is higher)|
|Finance charge on purchases per annum*||35.88%||35.88%||35.88%|
|Finance charge on cash advances per annum*||36%||36%||36%|
|Cash advance fee||3% of total amount (Minimum AED100)||3% of total amount (Minimum AED100)||3% of total amount (Minimum AED100)|
|Card replacement fee||Free||Free||AED100|
|Late payment fee||AED200||AED200||AED200|
|Over limit fee||AED175||AED175||AED175|
|Copy of sales slip/Credit card statement||AED25||AED25||AED25|
|Returned cheque fee||AED100||AED100||AED100|
|Charge for disputing a transaction subsequently found to be genuine||AED100||AED100||AED100|
|Access to HSBC Current/Savings Account through VISA/Plus, Master/Cirrus or UAE Switch ATMs||AED20 per transaction||AED20 per transaction||AED20 per transaction|
|Access to HSBC Current/Savings Account through HSBC ATMs||Inside the UAE: Free Outside the UAE. AED10 per transaction||Inside the UAE: Free Outside the UAE. AED10 per transaction||Inside the UAE: Free Outside the UAE. AED10 per transaction|
|Foreign currency transactions (Card transactions not in your billing currency will be converted at a wholesale market rate attracting a processing fee)||2.80%||2.80%||2.80%|
|Credit Shield Plus||0.6% of Outstanding Balance||0.6% of Outstanding Balance||0.6% of Outstanding Balance|
|Paper statement charges||AED10 per statement||AED10 per statement||AED10 per statement|
Transactions conducted at Exchange Houses will be treated as Cash Advance and will be subject to applicable fees and charges as set out above.
* Subject to increase by 1% in case Cardholder is more than one payment overdue. Original Finance Charge rates will be re-instated when Cardholder is not more than one payment overdue. In addition, a Collection Agency Fee will be charged to the Cardholder's Account when the Bank appoints an external Collection Agency to follow up on the outstanding payment.
Access your account, from anywhere.
- Pay your personal Etisalat or DEWA bills, via Phone Banking and Internet Banking. Please allow three days for your payment to be credited in your Card account
- Pay your card bill quickly and easily - via Phone Banking and Internet Banking, in person at your branch or put a cheque in the post. See the table below for more details on other easy payment options.
|Easy payment options||How to pay your HSBC Gold Credit Card bill:||How long it takes to be credited to your account|
|Free Autopay Service||Call 600 55 4722 to set up a standing instruction to debit your HSBC Current or Savings account every month. Pay 5% to 100% of your monthly outstanding balance.||1 working day|
|Internet Banking||Transfer money to your credit card account.||1 working day|
|Cash deposit machines||Pay your bill instantly by depositing cash at any of the HSBC Cash Deposit Machines in the UAE.||1 working day|
|ATMs||Transfer money from your HSBC
Current or Savings account to your HSBC credit card, from any HSBC ATM in the
UAE or worldwide.
Or deposit cash or cheques at any HSBC ATMs in the UAE.
| 2 working days for cash payments
7 working days for cheque payments
|Branches||Deposit cash or cheques at any
HSBC branch in the UAE. (You may be charged a fee if your cheque is
Each HSBC Branch Teller transaction incurs an AED25 fee. If you're a Premier and Advance customer, you don't have to pay this fee.
|1 working day for cash payments
7 working days for cheque payments
|Phone Banking||Call our Phone Banking Service on 600 55 4722 to transfer money to your HSBC Card account.||1 working day|
|Mailing your payment
|Please write your HSBC Credit Card number on the reverse side of the cheque/draft and attach the bottom tear-off portion of your Card Statement, to ensure prompt credit into your HSBC Card account.||Allow sufficient time for payment
to be credited to your
You need to complete the credit card application process by personally visiting any HSBC UAE Branches or Customer Service Centers, with the following documents:
- Valid Emriates ID
- Original passport
- Valid residence visa (for non-GCC national customers only)
- Proof of UAE residence in the from of either a utility bill/rental agreement/employment letter (for GCC national customers only)
- Security Cheque to be signed by customer for credit card (not applicable if customer is Premier by deposit)
- Original Salary certificate issued in the last three months
- Last two months payslips in original
- Last two months bank statements in original where your salary has been credited
If you have applied for a supplementary card, you will also need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of passport
- Valid residence visa only for separate limit supplementary card (for non-GCC national customers only)