HSBC Credit & Debit Cards Campaign
Terms and Conditions
- The HSBC UAE Credit & Debit Card Spends Campaign (“Campaign”) is offered by HSBC Bank Middle East Limited (“we” or “us” or “HSBC”).
- The campaign period is from 6 November to 31 January 2014 inclusive (“Campaign Period”). We reserve the right to extend the Campaign Period beyond 31 January 2014.
- These terms and conditions (“Campaign Terms”)apply during the Campaign Period and in respect of any prize fulfillment as part of the prize draw.
- The Campaign is open to HSBC Bank Middle East Limited (“HSBC”) customers using a valid HSBC debit card or credit card (“HSBC Card”) issued in the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”) (“Entrants”). For the avoidance of doubt, “HSBC Card” also includes supplementary cards.
- The Campaign is not open to HSBC Corporate Credit Card holders or HSBC Amanah cardholders.
- Employees of HSBC are not eligible to take part in the Campaign.
- The HSBC Personal Banking General Terms and Conditions for the UAE and any separate terms and conditions, application literature, rates, fees and charges (including but not limited to charges for overseas transactions, as set out on the HSBC Tariff Sheet available on www.hsbc.ae), credit policies and limits, due diligence and eligibility criteria relating to your HSBC Card (“General Terms”) continue to apply to your HSBC Card unless otherwise specified and these Campaign Terms will apply in addition to the General Terms.
- This Campaign does not affect any agreed credit limits on your HSBC Card/s.
- Each of the terms and conditions set out in the Campaign needs to be met. We reserve the right to refuse any application for a product or service relating to this Campaign.
- By taking part in the Campaign, you agree that we may share information about you with other HSBC entities and third parties in the UAE and overseas in order to fulfill the Campaign Terms and any prize redemption. By accepting any prize as part of this Campaign, you give us your consent for announcing your name and photograph for advertising and publicity purposes.
- HSBC’s decisions on all matters relating to the Campaign shall be final and conclusive.
- We reserve the right at our discretion to alter or amend the Campaign Terms or end the Campaign at any time without prior notice to you.
- If we suspect that you have committed any illegal act in relation to the Campaign, including but not limited to in respect of the prize draw, we reserve the right to investigate and delay the award of any prize at our discretion pending the conclusion of such investigation. If we suspect any Entrant of fraud or any other illegal act, then we reserve the right to disqualify such Entrant from this and all future competitions and take further action with any authorities as we deem appropriate.
- Prizes are not transferable and there are no alternatives for any prizes.
- These Campaign Terms shall be governed in all respects by the federal laws of the United Arab Emirates, and in particular by the laws of the Emirate of Dubai. All disputes relating to these Campaign Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- By participating in the Campaign, Entrants expressly agree to be bound by these Campaign Terms.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, HSBC shall not be held liable for any loss or damages howsoever arising in connection with the Campaign.
Campaign Prizes and Draw
- If you apply for a primary HSBC Credit Card and your application is approved by 31 January 2014 and/or if you spend a minimum amount of AED 100 in retail spends (either in the UAE or overseas) using your HSBC Cards during the Campaign Period, you will be entered into prize draws to win:
• A daily prize of AED 5,000 for every day of the Campaign Period (“Daily Prize”); and
• One grand prize of AED 1,000,000 (“Grand Prize”).
- To receive one entry into the prize draw, Entrants must spend a minimum of AED 100 (this need not be in a single transaction) in the UAE using their HSBC Cards. If, for example, an Entrant spends a total of AED 1,000 on 20 November 2013 using their HSBC Card, they will earn 10 entries into the daily prize draw for the day of 20 November 2013 and 10 entries into the prize draw for the Grand Prize.
- Entrants will receive two entries per spend of AED 100 into the prize draws if they make retail purchases using their HSBC Card outside of the UAE in a currency other than AED (excluding cash withdrawals) during the Campaign Period. Please note that the spend must be in a currency other than AED in order to qualify as an overseas spend and earn double entries into the prize draws. If the Entrant elects to pay for their overseas retail purchase in AED, then that spend will only qualify for one entry per spend of AED 100 even if the merchant is located outside the UAE. If, for example, an Entrant spends a total of the equivalent of AED 1,000 in US dollars on 25 November 2013 at a merchant located outside the UAE using their HSBC Card, they will earn 20 entries into the daily prize draw for the day of 25 November 2013 and 20 entries into the prize draw for the Grand Prize. However, if they elect to pay for their overseas purchase in AED, then they will only earn 10 entries into the daily prize draw for the day of 25 November 2013 and 10 entries into the prize draw for the Grand Prize for that particular spend.
- Entrants will receive five entries into the prize draw for the Grand Prize upon making a successful HSBC credit card application (which is approved by us, including receipt of all supporting documentation) during the Campaign Period.
- All spends on retail purchases made by you using your HSBC Cards qualify for the purposes of this Campaign, but cash withdrawals are excluded.
- Pre-authorizations on your HSBC Cards will not qualify for the purposes of this Campaign unless the transaction is posted to your account.
- Spends may be made across any number of HSBC Cards held in your name or your supplementary cardholder’s name where you are the primary cardholder. Spends made by supplementary cardholders will earn entries into the prize draws for the primary cardholder only. Supplementary cardholders are not eligible to win any of the prizes.
• your HSBC Card is lost or stolen and you dispute any purchases; and/or
then spends in respect of such purchases will not qualify towards your entries into the prize draws.
• any spends were fraudulently made on your HSBC Card; and/or
• purchases made on your HSBC Card are declined by the merchant or refunded
- In the event that your card is lost or stolen, you can continue making qualifying spends for the purposes of this Campaign with your replacement HSBC Card when you receive it.
- Any decision about whether spends on purchases qualify as spends for the purposes of this Campaign shall be resolved by us in our sole discretion. We shall determine, in our sole discretion, which customers qualify for prizes. If we have reason to believe that a winning entry into the prize draws was an entry resulting from a spend that did not qualify for the purposes of this Campaign, then we may at our discretion take action to reclaim any prize from the winner and award it to another winner selected from the prize draw list.
- The prize draws will take place at the head office of HSBC in the UAE under the supervision of a representative from the Department of Economic Development. For each day of the Campaign there will be a draw for all qualifying HSBC Card spends made in that particular day. The prize draw for the Grand Prize and the prize draws for the Daily Prizes will take place for the relevant days of the Campaign Period on the three draw dates set out in the below table (“Draw Dates”):
|6 November - 30 November 2013
|| by 15 December 2013
|1 December - 31 December 2013
|| by 15 January 2014
|1 January - 31 January 2014
|| by 31 March 2014
|06 November - 31 January 2014
|| by 15 March 2014
We reserve the right to amend the above Draw Dates for the Daily Prizes and the Grand Prize.
- Prizes offered to the winner will be in the form of a manager’s cheque or account transfer to the winner’s HSBC bank account.
- If any winner cannot be contacted within 5 working days of the relevant prize draw date or if a winner is notified that they have won a prize but does not provide their acceptance of the prize and all supporting documentation requested by us within 5 working days of the notification, another winner will be selected from the prize draw list and the prize will be awarded to the other winner. For the avoidance of doubt, “working day” means Saturday to Thursday inclusive but excludes Fridays and any day where HSBC is closed upon the direction of the UAE Central Bank.
- Participating in this Campaign does not grant Entrants the right to use our name, logo or images from or relating to the Campaign without our express written approval. Entrants may not make any public announcement regarding the prize or any other aspect of this Campaign without our prior written consent and any breach of this provision shall confer a right on us at our discretion not to award prizes to an Entrant or withdraw prizes from a winner immediately and without notice.
- You must be up to date on all payments on your HSBC Credit Card/s at all times in order to participate in this Campaign. If any payments are overdue on any of your HSBC Credit Cards, or at any stage you are in breach of the General Terms or these Campaign Terms, your spends will not qualify for the purpose of this Campaign and you will not be eligible to win any prizes.
- You must have an active HSBC Card (i.e. an HSBC Card that has not been cancelled or suspended by you or us) on the relevant Draw Date in order to be entered into prize draws on that Draw Date. Any spends made on any of your HSBC Cards that have been cancelled or suspended before the Draw Date will not qualify as spends for the purposes of prize draws on that Draw Date.
- All winners will be required to comply with any formalities required by the Dubai Economic Department and HSBC, which may include but is not limited to signing a prize acknowledgment form and providing us with a copy of such form. Prizes will only be released upon our receipt of a copy of the form, together with a scanned copy of the winner’s passport, visa and other supporting documentation that we may request.