AXA can help you stay in control of your financial well-being in the unfortunate event of any personal accidents. AXA will support you and your family in the event of accidental injury/disability or even a life altering experience.
After an accident, you may have expenses you've never thought about before. Can your finances handle them?
AXA's Smart Protector insurance policy will be reassuring to you and your family and may allow you to continue with the same standard of living without dipping into your savings. This means payment of your regular bills, such as the mortgage or rent, car payments, school fees and utility bills, which don't stop when you are laid-up post an accident or a serious disablement.
If you are between the ages of 18 to 64 and a UAE national or resident, you are eligible to apply for the Smart Protector Plan. The policy provides the following coverage in case of an accident:
An unexpected event caused by violent, sudden, external and visible means causing death within 365 days from the date of the accident. This cover is doubled should the event occur in any form of common carrier.
Permanent Total Disability
Permanent total and absolute disablement as a result of an accident which entirely prevents you from ever again following your occupation. Permanent means the disablement lasts 365 days and, at the expiry of that period, is beyond hope of improvement.
Permanent Partial Disablement
Disablement as a result of an accident which prevents you from doing your occupation fully Permanent means that the disablement lasts 365 days and, at the expiry of that period, is beyond hope of improvement.
Accident Medical Reimbursement
Repayment of medical, surgical or hospital fees necessarily incurred as a result of an accident.
Repatriation of Mortal Remains
Transportation of your bodily remains to your home country following your accidental death.
- Loss of life due to accident
- Permanent total disablement due to accident
- Permanent partial disablement due to accident
- Accident medical reimbursement
- Repatriation of mortal remains reimbursement
AXA have further extended their benefits to provide the following additional coverage:
- Accidental Food Poisoning Coverage
- Death due to Accidental Drowning
- Spouse is covered for 100% of sum insured
- Up to 4 dependent children are covered for 10% of the sum insured each, except for Accident Medical Reimbursement where 100% of limit applies
Please Note that the exclusions given below are just examples of some of the key exclusions that apply. Please refer to the AXA policy wording for exact terms, conditions and exclusions.
Accidents caused by or related to the following:
- Suicide and suicide attempts, and intentional self-injury
- Any unlawful or criminal act or your willful exposure to danger (other than in an attempt to save human life)
- Insanity, intoxication, alcohol or drugs not prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner
- Childbirth, pregnancy, mental and nervous Disorders
- Physical defect in sight or hearing or any other infirmity rendering you more than usually liable to accidents