|Protection type||Payments||Fixed sum
||'Free look' period|
Here's what you're covered for, if you're in an accident:
- Loss of life
- Total and permanent disability
- Permanent partial disability
- Reimbursement of emergency medical expenses
- Option to protect yourself, or your entire family
- 24/7 worldwide coverage - all year round
- ‘Free look’ period - cancel your policy within 30 days and provided no claims have been made in that period, you’ll get a full premium refund back - no questions asked
Get an idea of what you'll pay per month for your premium - see the table below.
|Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 4|
|Loss of life indemnity, Total and permanent disability, Permanent partial disability due to accident||AED100,000||AED250,000||AED500,000||AED1,000,000|
|Permanent Partial Disability due to accident||As per scale.||As per scale.||As per scale.||As per scale.|
|Reimbursement of medical expenses (5% of principal sum) due to accident||AED5,000
You can get Personal Accident Insurance if:
- You're a UAE resident
- You're aged between 18 to 69 years old. This applies to your spouse too
- Your children are above 3 months and under 18 years of age. Or if they're studying full-time, up to 23 years old. (They must be unmarried and primarily dependent on you)
- You hold accounts or credit cards with HSBC
The Policy will not cover any loss, damage or legal liability arising directly or indirectly from:
1. Pre-existing Medical Conditions;
2. Intentionally self-inflicted injury, suicide or any such attempt while sane or insane;
3. Willful or deliberate exposure to danger (except in an attempt to save human life);
4. War, civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, use of military power or usurpation of government or military power; The use, release or escape of nuclear materials that directly or indirectly results in nuclear reaction or radiation or radioactive contamination; The dispersal or application of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials; The release of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials;
6. Any period a Named Insured is serving in the Armed Forces of any country or international authority, whether in peace or war, and in such an event, the Company, upon written notification by the Policyholder, shall return the pro rata Premium for any such period of service;
7. Being in service or on duty with or undergoing training with any military or police force, or militia or paramilitary organization;
8. a) a Named Insured being under the influence of alcohol with more than the legal limit of alcohol in his blood or breath; or b) a Named Insured being under the influence of drugs or narcotics unless such drugs or narcotics were administered by a Physician or unless prescribed by and taken in accordance with the directions of a Physician; or c) an Accident occurring whilst a Named Insured was driving a motor vehicle with more than the legal limit of alcohol in his blood or breath; or d) alcohol abuse, alcoholism, substance abuse, solvent abuse, drug abuse or addictive conditions of any kind;
9. Any Loss of which a contributing cause was the Named Insured's attempted commission of, or wilful participation in, an illegal act or any violation or attempted violation of the law or resistance to arrest by the Named Insured;
10. Any Loss sustained while flying in any aircraft or device for aerial navigation except as a passenger; exclusions include, but are not limited to, pilot, operator or crew member;
11. Any costs incurred due to fluctuation in exchange rates;
12. Bacterial infections except pyogenic infections which are caused by an accidental wound;
13. Flying in any aircraft owned, leased or operated by or on behalf of (a) the Policyholder or any subsidiary or affiliate of the Policyholder, or (b) a Named Insured or any of his Relatives;
14. Driving or riding as a passenger in or on (a) any vehicle engaged in any race, speed test or endurance test or (b) any vehicle being used for acrobatic or stunt driving;
15. Any claim caused by opportunistic infection or malignant neoplasm, or any other sickness condition, if, at the time of the claim, the Named Insured had been diagnosed as having AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), ARC (AIDS Related Complex) or having an antibody positive blood test to HIV (Human Immune Virus);
16. Sexually transmitted diseases and the conditions commonly known as AIDS or HIV and/or any related Sickness or condition including derivatives or variations thereof, howsoever, acquired or caused;
17. Any Loss sustained while the Named Insured is participating in any Professional Sports or school sports;
Exclusions have been kept to a minimum. Details of full exclusions will be available on the policy terms & conditions.
Is the Accident Medical Expenses Reimbursement benefit limited to one claim per year?
No. The Accident Medical Expenses Reimbursement benefit insures you against as many accidents as you may encounter during the policy period. The limit for each claim is a maximum of 5% of the Principal Sum insured. However, the insurance company will pay no more than the Principal Sum Insured during any consecutive 12 months of coverage.
How much is my spouse insured for?
Your spouse is insured for the same amount as you, if you choose the 'Family' option.
How much will insurance pay if my spouse and I die in the same accident?
The insurance company will pay each Principal Sum Insured amount that you have chosen for yourself and your spouse.
Whom will the benefits be paid to, if my spouse and I both die?
The benefits will be paid to the beneficiary named in the policy. In the event the beneficiary is the spouse, then the benefits will paid to the legal heirs of the Insured Person.
What is the Principal Sum Insured for each of my children?
If you choose the family option, each of your children are insured for 10% of the amount of insurance for yourself or your spouse.
Can all of my children be insured in the family option?
Yes, the premium for the family option covers all children between the ages of 3 months and 18 years (unless still in full-time education, unmarried and primarily dependent on you, in which case, the cover extends until 23 years)
Am I insured when I'm travelling overseas?
Yes. HSBC Personal Accident provides you with worldwide coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Does Medical expenses benefit cover any medical expenses due to an accident in the UAE?
Yes, subject to the policy terms & conditions.
If I am a UAE resident, but my family is not, are they still covered?
Yes, only the insured person must be a UAE resident.
Do I have to use an HSBC credit card to pay the premium?
No, you can pay with any credit card. You just have to have a relationship with HSBC to be eligible for Personal Accident.
What if I leave HSBC, can I still keep my insurance coverage?
Accidents happen. Be prepared. Cover you and your family for any kind of personal accident, anywhere in the world.