The easy way to receive money from your home country or region
When you transfer money from your home country or region to your HSBC UAE account, you can request your bank back home to transfer the money in the currency of your home country or region.
HSBC UAE can then make the currency conversion at our competitive exchange rates1. We also offer preferential exchange rates for our HSBC Jade and Premier customers.
You will need to compare the exchange rates offered by your bank back home at the time of your transfer with HSBC exchange rates, before choosing the currency in which the transfer is made. When you choose AED as the transfer currency, your bank back home will make the currency conversion for you.
Already an HSBC Customer?
Use the link below to generate your IBAN.
If needed, the SWIFT code is BBME AEAD.
- Transfer money from your home country or region to your HSBC UAE accountYou will need to compare the exchange rates offered by your bank back home at the time of your transfer with HSBC exchange rates, before choosing the currency in which the transfer is made. When you choose AED as the transfer currency, your bank back home will make the currency conversion for you.
- Preferential exchange rates1We offer preferential exchange rates for our HSBC Jade & Premier customers.
Are you eligible?
Inward money transfers are available to all our existing customers who hold a valid account and have a relationship with HSBC.
Things you should know
If you’re expecting a payment from abroad, you must give the sender this information to ensure it arrives safely in your account:
- your personal details including full name and address
- your bank name, address and account number
- the correct IBAN for your bank account
This product/service may be affected by changes in foreign currency exchange rates.
Correspondent and receiving banks may charge additional fees when they process the transaction.
Penalties and Fees may be applied if there is a customer error or omission in providing correct or incomplete remittance information and may cause a rejection of, or delays in, the transfer. We shall not be held liable for any potential loss.
The actual time to complete a transaction may differ from estimates due to increased scrutiny of transactions by the financial institution or entity providing financial services to the beneficiary of remittances.
For recall of payments, please contact us by any of the means listed at https://www.hsbc.ae/help/contact. We may charge payment recall fee. We cannot guarantee that we’ll be able to recall the payment successfully.
We use the HSBC foreign exchange rate to work out the VAT charges on foreign transaction fees.
Global Money Account
The multi-currency digital account that lets you manage, send and receive money in different currencies across the world.
Global View and Global Transfers
Move money between HSBC Jade, Premier or Advance accounts in multiple countries and regions in one place.
Transfer within your accounts and pay your utility, telephone or credit card bills.