Whether you've been the victim of fraud or are looking to learn how to protect yourself, this page outlines key information you should know and what we do to keep you safe and secure.
Protect yourself from fraud
Read about the initiatives we have in place to protect your money from financial crime.
Discover the portable easy to use tool that protects you when you use online or mobile banking.
Digital global security
Learn about our network of security agents working behind the scenes to protect your accounts.
|2-way card fraud alert system|
To keep you even safer from card fraud, we've introduced a 2-Way Card Fraud SMS/Email alert system. It's replacing the old process, making it easier and quicker for us to contact you if we need to verify any card transactions.
If we're alerted to any transactions that seem unusual, we'll immediately send you an SMS and an email, asking you to confirm whether you made these transactions.
How does it work
- you'll receive card fraud alerts via SMS and email - we won't call you at first
- we'll use your registered mobile number and email address to send you alert notifications
- you'll get an SMS from 2883 and an email from HSBC UAE firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email will read ‘HSBC Fraud Prevention Alert’
- if you receive a card fraud alert, please respond within 30 minutes to confirm whether you made the transaction
- if you don't respond within 30 minutes, we'll call you for confirmation