At HSBC, we serve customers from around 3,800 offices in 66 countries across the world. Through our Global presence and expertise, we help you make the transition as easy as possible by setting an account before you arrive into the UAE.1
How can we help you?
Our products and services in the UAE
Our products and services, make it easy for you to manage your money, giving you more time to focus on settling in to life in the UAE.
- Bank with usEase of banking through 8 Branches, 8 Customer Service Units, 188 HSBC ATM Machines and phone, online and mobile banking.1
- Start your journeyA local bank account that will provide you with easy access to your money. Also enjoy free Meet & Greet service at the Dubai Airport to begin your journey with us.2
- Rent a propertyPaying your rent up-front can put a strain on your savings. With rates starting from 5.99% p.a., you can be approved online for a Personal Loan in just 10 minutes.3
- Purchase furniture and electronicsEquip your home using an HSBC Credit Card from Home R Us, Sharaf DG, Emax, PAN Emirates and many more, and ease the financial burden with a flexible instalment plan.4
- Pay your school feesUse your HSBC Credit Card to pay your children's school fees and choose to repay in 3 or 6 equal monthly instalments at 0% interest rate.4
- Grocery shoppingOur Credit Cards offer double Air Miles Rewards at Spinneys, one of the UAE's finest supermarkets. What's more, you can enjoy a 5% cashback across all hypermarkets with the HSBC Visa Cashback Credit Card.4
- Buy a carGet the car of your dreams. Apply for a Car Loan online and get a call back within 60 minutes. With rates starting from 2.49% p.a, you could borrow up to AED 918,000.5
Transferring money internationally
Moving to a new country, exploring the city and setting up home means you will need local currency readily at hand. You may also still have financial commitments in your home country such as mortgages, school fees or investment plans. Either way you will want to easily transfer money back and forth, most likely also between currencies.
We advise expats to open an HSBC Premier or Advance account in their home country, as well as here in the UAE, so you can take advantage of our fee-free online transfer service, Global View and Global transfers (GVGT).6
With GVGT you can:
Setting up an account before you arrive in the UAE
To make your transition to the UAE as easy as possible, get the guidance and expert advice you need from our team. Let us help you set up an account before you arrive. Your account can be fully utilized as soon as you get your Emirates ID. You can also benefit from our free on arrival services.
Before you land we will:
- Talk you through the local process to get your Emirates ID7
- Obtain copies of your identification and supporting documents and complete our internal checks
- Arrange our complimentary on arrival services: 'Meet and Greet' at Dubai International Airport along with a complementary mobile phone line (SIM Card)
After your arrival we will:
- Meet with you to finalise your account set up
- Open your account – from this point you can transfer money in and out and access your funds from any of our branches or Customer Service Units
- Issue your debit card
On receipt of a copy of your Emirates ID we will:
- Issue your cheque book and process your credit card
- Process your request for a personal or vehicle loan if required
3Based on reducing balance, which is the interest calculated on a monthly basis on the remaining principal amount. Your interest rate is based on qualifying criteria; please contact us for details of the rate that will apply to your loan. Personal Loan Offer Terms and Conditions, fees and charges apply. Valid for HSBC customers only. Loan approval is in principle and subject to satisfactory documentation submitted and credit bureau check.
4Processing fee of 2% (2.1% inclusive of VAT) of the amount of the transaction and terms and conditions apply to our Flexible Installment Plans. Credit Card Agreement terms and conditions apply. Air Miles terms and conditions apply. HSBC Entertainer app terms and conditions apply. Cashback is capped at AED 200 per statement cycle. HSBC Visa Platinum Cashback Credit Card Terms and Conditions, Fees and Charges apply.
5Our Vehicle Loan team is available from Sunday to Thursday, 9.00am to 4.30pm. If your form is submitted outside of these times, we will aim to call you back on the next working day. The flat rate is equivalent to the reducing balance rate of 4.41% p.a. and on new cars only a rate of 2.49% p.a. is applicable.