Need to open an account in another country or region?
Make the most of your finances, no matter where life takes you. Whether you are an expat moving to a new country or region or looking to manage your commitments back home, we can help.
International banking support
Talk to your Relationship Manager for your international banking needs.
Opening an account in another country or region
- Global View of HSBC Accounts and Global Transfers1
Managing of worldwide HSBC account with one single log-on and instant fee free transfers between the accounts in a range of currencies.
- Premier in one, Premier in all
If you are a premier customer, you can automatically be eligible for Premier account in other countries or regions where premier is offered.
Find out how HSBC Premier can help you.
When you open a Premier Account, you open the door to a range of prestigious Premier services. And you can access them and our support any time, from anywhere in the world
- automatic HSBC Premier status in all countries / regions where you bank with HSBC
- access to all your global HSBC Premier accounts online in one place with fee-free instant foreign exchange transfers1 through GV/GT1
- free account opening before you arrive at your destination2
- next day replacements for your cards if they're lost or stolen, along with a cash advance of up to USD 2,000 each day - more if you have the funds in your account
Before you get here
To make your move to the UAE as easy as possible, we can set up your account before your arrive. This means we'll:
- talk you through what you need to do to get an Emirates ID
- take copies of the documents we'll need
- carry out our internal checks
Once you arrive
We're here to help from the moment you set foot in the UAE. It starts with our complimentary 'meet and greet' service at Dubai International Airport. Then we'll:
- meet you to finalise your account set up
- open your account
- issue your debit card
Your account can be fully utilized as soon as you get your Emirates ID.
You might be interested in
Managing accounts in multiple countries and regions
View all your global HSBC accounts in one place if you're an HSBC Premier or Advance customer with our Global View service.
Find out more about our international services in other countries and regions.
1Global Transfers is only available for Jade, Premier and Advance customers. Global Transfers are effected instantly (typically within 6 seconds from submitting the required information) for supported currencies. See a list of supported currencies. Exceptionally, in circumstances outside of our control, it may not be possible to effect your transfer through Global Transfers, in which case you should contact our Customer Services or use another way to effect your transfer. Live foreign exchange rates are refreshed every 120 seconds in Global View and Global Transfers during international weekdays (Monday - Friday). On international weekends (Saturday and Sunday), or when the currency markets are closed, live foreign exchange rates are not available and rates will remain unchanged until the next international working day.