HSBC Advance Account
Why join HSBC Advance?
Benefits of the Advance account:
No charges for cash withdrawals at any bank ATM across the UAE and GCC1
Preferential rates on personal loans
Global emergency cash up to USD 10,000 from any HSBC branch abroad in case you lose your wallet while travelling abroad, with no fee3
50% discount on processing fee for international HSBC account opening
Current account available in multiple currencies (AED, USD, GBP and EUR)
Overdraft access of up to 1 x your salary or AED 50,000 (whichever is lower) with no fees, and no interest on the first AED 20004
Up to 10% off British Airways airfares when you book with your HSBC Advance Debit Card
If you are a salaried customer and your salary is transferred to HSBC UAE, you will not be required to maintain a minimum balance or a relationship balance with us for any account that you open with us. If you stop transferring your salary to HSBC UAE, then a fee may be applied as per the Schedule of Services and Tariffs.
If you are a non-salary transfer customer, a lower cost option for you to consider is to have a personal banking proposition, and open a Flexi or E-saver account, as you will not be required to maintain a minimum balance in those accounts. If you choose a different proposition or open a different account type, then a fee may be applied for not maintaining a minimum balance as per the Schedule of Services and Tariffs.
2Global Transfers are effected instantly (typically within 6 seconds from submitting the required information) for supported currencies. Visit the Money Transfers page to find out more about Global Transfers and see a list of supported currencies.
HSBC Advance Credit Card
Enjoy special offers and privileges all year round covering dining, shopping, travel and entertainment:
- no annual fee: enjoy your HSBC Advance Credit Card without any annual membership fees
- HSBC ENTERTAINER Mobile App: Free download of our 'Buy 1 Get 1 Free' mobile app with over 8,000 offers across 15 countries and regions
- valet parking: At selected Valtrans locations around Dubai, get up to 2 free visits per month with your HSBC Advance Credit Card, subject to a minimum monthly spend of AED 3,000 with your card
- Air Miles rewards - Spend anytime, anywhere with your HSBC Advance Credit Card & earn 1 Air Mile for every AED 1 spent
- Airport Lounges Access – unlimited complimentary access for you and your supplementary cardholders to a select number of airport lounges worldwide through LoungeKey™
ENTERTAINER, Valtrans, VOX Cinema, and Air Miles terms and conditions apply in relation to these offers.
More Advance account benefits
- Faster access, more control
- Online and on your side
- Individual expertise and support
- Preferential rates and rewards
Loans to meet your financial needs
Sometimes, you want money fast but you don't want to wait. With an HSBC Personal Loan, you can help yourself to the cash you need, exactly when you need it – whether you've just recently landed in the UAE or have just started a new job.
6The approval is conditional based on the information provided. The approval is subject to the validation of information and documentation provided. HSBC reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time.
The benefits and features set out above are current as at the date they appear on our website. However, they may be subject to change at any time at our discretion. We will try to notify existing customers of any changes that may impact them either in advance of the change or shortly afterwards.
Faster access, more control
Online and on your side
Individual expertise and support
Preferential rates and rewards
- minimum monthly salary transferred to an HSBC account16 of AED 15,000 or more or,
- minimum monthly average balance in deposits and/or investments of AED 100,000 (or equivalent in foreign currency) or more
Not sure if this account is right for you?
16Original salary letter must be submitted to HSBC. A minimum salary amount of AED 15,000 must be credited to your account each month. Monthly service fee per account may apply if the eligibility criteria are not met. Please refer to our Schedule of Tariffs, as amended from time to time, for more information.
Documents required to apply
- original passport (for all customers)
- valid residence visa (for non-GCC national customers only)
- original labour card / work ID (for GCC national customers only)
- proof of UAE residence17 in the form of either a utility bill/rental agreement/employment letter dated within the last 2 months
Additional documents required for Advance by salary-based eligibility criteria:
- original trade licence (for all self-employed customers)
- salary certificate (for customers working in government/public sector companies)18
- salary transfer letter (for customers working in private sector companies) residents18
For joint accounts, both you and your joint applicant(s) need to complete the account opening process by personally visiting any of our branches or customer service units with the required documents.
We may request further information or documentation from you, in order to comply with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
This product/service may be affected by changes in foreign currency exchange rates.
Correspondent and receiving banks may charge additional fees when they process the transaction.
Penalties and Fees may be applied if there is a customer error or omission in providing correct or incomplete remittance information and may cause a rejection of, or delays in, the transfer. The exchange rate used for the refund of money paid by you may differ from the original rate used for the transfer. We shall not be held liable for any potential exchange rate loss.
The actual time to complete a transaction may differ from estimates due to increased scrutiny of transactions by the correspondent bank/financial institution or entity providing financial services to the beneficiary of remittances.
For recall of payments, please contact us as soon as possible on 800 4525 (Within UAE) or +971 4 227 4310 (Outside UAE). We may charge payment recall fee and the exchange rate used for the refund of money paid by you may differ from the original rate used for the transfer. We cannot guarantee that we’ll be able to recall the payment successfully.
New to HSBC UAE
Instantly confirm your eligibility. Once you've applied, you could get an approval in principle in just 5 minutes.
Existing HSBC UAE Customers
Log on to online banking for the quickest and easiest way to apply.
*New to Bank Campaign Terms & Conditions apply. Offer valid until 31 July 2022 (inclusive).
**Existing HSBC customers and those who do not apply for Premier/Advance account through online cannot avail this offer. Digital New to Bank Campaign Terms & Conditions and Amazon.ae Gift Cards Terms & Conditions apply. Offer valid until 31 July 2022 (inclusive).