Our credit card annual percentage rates are changing
From 15 November 2022, the Annual Percentage Rate on outstanding purchases and cash withdrawals on all of our credit cards will increase to 44.28%.
Benefits home and abroad
Your HSBC Platinum Credit Card is your companion for your daily transactions. It is recognised in over 32 million establishments worldwide, offering you a bunch of benefits at home and abroad.
This card isn't available for new customers at the moment.
With the HSBC Platinum Card you get:
HSBC ENTERTAINER mobile app
Free download of our 'Buy 1 Get 1 Free' mobile app with over 10,000 offers across dining, leisure, retail and wellness, including over 260 delivery offers.
At selected Valtrans locations around Dubai, get up to 2 free visits per month with your HSBC Platinum Credit Card, subject to a minimum monthly spend of AED 3,000 with your card.
Complimentary supplementary cards
Get complimentary supplementary credit cards to share among your family.
Buy 1 Get 1 Free tickets at VOX Cinemas in the UAE.
Get up to a 15% discount on British Airways fares.
Agoda hotel discounts
Enjoy discounts of up to 12% with Agoda when booking with your HSBC Platinum Credit Card.
What you'll get
Air Miles Exchange
Exchange your Air Miles for your favourite airline's loyalty miles. It's easy.
- log on to your Air Miles account at www.airmilesme.com
- go to 'Redeem Air Miles' and select 'Travel'
- choose your preferred airline
- exchange your Air Miles
You'll get an email when the exchange is complete and will be able to see your new balance at your airline loyalty programme account.
Please note that:
- you need to have at least 30,000 Air Miles in your Air Miles account to make an exchange
- you must have a valid airline loyalty membership number
- it's your responsibility to provide the correct transaction details
- once you've exchanged Air Miles, you can't reverse the exchange
- this offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the participating loyalty programmes and the Air Miles programme
Air Miles partners
Remember, with Air Miles you enjoy:
- freedom to choose when (time/date of travel) how (class of travel) and with which airline to fly
- no black-out dates; if there is a seat available, you can book it on the Air Miles Travel Shop
- pay with miles and top up with cash
- pay for the full cost of the ticket including taxes
Balance transfers and payment plans
Things you should know
The Annual Percentage Rate 41.40% per annum on outstanding purchases and cash withdrawals. From 15 November 2022, the new Annual Percentage Rate of 44.28% on outstanding purchases and cash withdrawals will apply. In addition to annual fee of AED 600 (AED 630 inclusive of VAT) – not offered to new customers.1
If you do not meet the repayments/payments on your loan/financing, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access financing in the future.
1Will increase by 12% (6% for HSBC Black, Jade Credit Card and HSBC Premier MasterCard)) for so long as the Cardholder is overdue on the payment. Original Finance Charge rates will be re-instated when Cardholder is not overdue from the next statement date. In addition, a Collection Agency Fee will be charged to the Cardholder’s Account when the Bank appoints an external Collection Agency to follow up on the outstanding payment.
You might be interested in
HSBC Advance Credit Card
Enjoy great travel benefits, Air Miles on everything you spend and a competitive interest rate.
HSBC Premier Credit Card
The card comes with a wide range of exclusive benefits on travel and lifestyle.