How do I log on to online banking?
Select the 'Log on' button at the top of your screen.
Enter your username and click 'Continue'.
Log on securely by entering your security code and selecting 'Log on'. To get a code, select 'How to generate a security code'.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
Alternatively, you can log on using your existing password.
How can I recover my online banking username?
If you can't remember your online banking username, please call us on +971 42274310 (within and outside UAE) and we can provide you with this information.
I've forgotten my password and/or security question. How can I reset these?
- Enter your username on the log on page and choose to log on with password on the next screen.
- Select the 'Forgotten Password' link.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password and create a security question.
- You will then be given a reference number which you'll need to quote to customer support in order for your new credentials to be activated.
What is PIB Lite and PIB Full?
PIB Lite refers to the limited functionality available to you when you access online banking without using a Secure Key. You can view your:
- account summary
- account transaction history
- credit card transaction history
- read messages
- make transfers between your own HSBC accounts in UAE (including joint accounts and credit card accounts), Global Transfers and to your saved payees
- pay bills to your saved billers
PIB Full refers to the full functionality available to you when you access online banking with a Secure Key. In addition PIB lite functions, you would be able to:
- transfer to new beneficiary ie. other HSBC accounts and credit cards in the UAE, and to other banks in the UAE and international payees
- send secure messages
What browser and operating system do I need?
HSBC online banking requires the following as a minimum:
- internet browsers – Firefox 60, Google Chrome 40, Internet Explorer 10 and Safari 8
- operating systems – Windows 7, 8 and 10, Max OSX 10.9
To safely access the new HSBC online banking, ensure you use the recommended specifications or later.