Enjoy speed and convenience with HSBC money transfers when making international or domestic payments, global transfers or receiving inward money transfers.
HSBC provides you with 5 simple ways to transfer money
- Online banking: enjoy 24/7 access where you can transfer up to USD 100,000 through global transfers and AED 500,000 through online banking everyday.
- Mobile banking: transfer money between your HSBC accounts globally and make instant transfers with Global Transfers.1
- Branch or Customer Service Unit: located conveniently across the UAE, with representatives at your service.
- Premier Relationship Manager: If you're an HSBC Premier customer, you can call your Relationship Manager to make a transfer.2
- Phone banking: a team to assist you in making transfers3 24/7.
1Global Transfers are effected instantly (typically within 6 seconds from submitting the required information) for supported currencies. Exceptionally, in circumstances outside of our control, it may not be possible to effect your transfer through Global Transfers, in which case you should contact our Customer Services or use another way to effect your transfer.
International money transfers
When looking to pay off mortgage abroad, support your family back home or to provide for your children studying overseas use our international money transfer services for its many benefits. Our international money transfers combine speed with convenience, providing you with a hassle-free solution for your money transfer needs both locally and overseas.
Benefits of HSBC international money transfers
4Live foreign exchange rates are refreshed every 90 seconds at the branch and in online banking and 120 seconds in Global View and Global Transfers during international weekdays (Monday-Friday). On international weekends (Saturday and Sunday) or when the currency markets are closed, live foreign exchange rates are not available and the rates will remain unchanged until the next international working day.
5If charge type "all charges to be paid from my account" is selected, the corresponding bank will not deduct any of its charges from the remittance amount and there will be no money transfer fee by HSBC UAE for transfers of Indian Rupee to India, Pakistani Rupee to Pakistan, Egyptian Pound to Egypt and Philippine Peso to the Philippines. Our Schedule of Services and Tariffs, as amended from time to time, will apply.
Global View and Global Transfers
Having HSBC bank accounts in more than one country shouldn't be difficult to manage. You can pay for your child's education, mortgage, utility bills or support your family back home, all in a couple of clicks.6
What is Global View?
Log on once to view and manage all your global accounts on one screen.
What is Global Transfers?
What is Global Transfers Family and Friends?
Have you ever sent money using just an email address?9 We offer you a seamless way of transferring money instantly to any HSBC account in the UK.
How do you benefit from using Global Transfers?
- competitive exchange rates12
- enjoy instant transfers8
- transfer up to USD 100,000 daily for Global Transfers and USD 50,00010 for Global Transfers Family and Friends
- transfer in over 25 currencies to 25 countries11
- transfer money anytime with 24/7 online transfers
- benefit from fee-free transfers
- view live exchange rates at the time of making a transfer7
Inward money transfers
When you transfer money from your home country to your HSBC UAE account, you can request your bank back home to transfer the money in the currency of your home country. HSBC UAE can then make the currency conversion at our competitive exchange rates. We also offer preferential exchange rates for our HSBC Premier customers. You will need to compare the exchange rates offered by your bank back home with HSBC exchange rates, before choosing the currency in which the transfer is made.
Domestic money transfers
Transfer within your accounts, pay your utility, telephone or credit card bills with domestic money transfers, a safe and convenient way to make payments.
Benefits of domestic money transfers
- Fee-free domestic money transfersReceive an SMS whenever a transaction takes place on your account. Also receive balance notifications.13
- HSBC Secure Key provides you with an additional layer of protection to ensure that only you have access to your account
- Create recurring transfers from your HSBC Accounts in the UAE
HSBC SWIFT code
You'll need to use the SWIFT code BBME AEAD when making international payments.
Already an HSBC customer?
Log on to online banking
Simply log on to online banking to start transferring money.
Secure Key is required to make a transfer to third party beneficiary.
Register for online banking
If you haven't registered for online banking yet, you can do so now.
Contact us about money transfers
Come talk to us
Visit your nearest branch or Customer Service Unit for a chat.