Get up to 100% off Home Loan Arrangement Fees, and get Valuation Fee Refunds:
- Arrangement Fee Discounts:
• For all transaction types (except Balance Transfer): get 50% discount on standard Home Loan Arrangement Fee
• For Balance Transfer transactions: get 100% waiver of standard Home Loan Arrangement Fee
2. Valuation Fee Refunds:
• Balance transfer transactions for 3-month variable rate product only - the valuation fee (i.e. AED 2,625) will be refunded after your loan is disbursed.
Offer valid until March 31st, 2023.
Home Loan Terms and Conditions apply.
We will not act on an instruction from any of the Joint Account holders in respect of the Joint Account, and we may even cancel such an instruction, if a Court or regulatory authority tells us to do so.
Find out how to apply with HSBC
Applying for a mortgage with us is simple - we'll guide you through the two steps. First, we recommend that you get an Approval in Principle, then you can apply for your home loan.
Approval in Principle
We recommend that you get an Approval in Principle before you apply for your home loan. This is because:
- it'll give you a good idea of the amount you may be able to borrow
- you can get it on average in just 60 minutes1
- it's valid for up to 60 days
- it doesn't cost you anything
- it won't impact your credit score
- it gives you an advantage in the homebuying process ie, it shows the seller you're ready to buy
How to get an Approval in Principle
Leave your details on our form to request a call back, or pop in to your nearest branch. Then, our mortgage specialists will help you to complete a quick application form.
You'll need the following documents:
- valid passport, visa or Emirates ID – we'll need to verify your ID in a branch
- income statement ie, salary certificate
Your Approval in Principle will then be provided on average in 60 minutes after you've submitted your documents to a mortgage adviser.
Apply for a home loan
We recommend that you have an Approval in Principle before you start your full home loan application. But, you can complete an application without one.
Who can apply?
Before you apply for a home loan, check that:
- you're a UAE resident aged between 21 and 65 years and
- you have a minimum monthly income of AED 15,000
If you're a UAE resident, we'll open an appropriate current account for you to make your home loan repayments, if you don't have one already.
If you live outside of the UAE, you may still be able to apply for a home loan to buy a property here. You'll need to be an HSBC Premier customer, or be eligible for an account for your home loan repayments.
We'll let you know if you're eligible and answer any of your questions, when you request a call back.
Full credit bureau check
If you do not keep up your repayments/payments, you may lose your property.
You may have to pay penalties if you pay off a loan/financing early.
If you do not meet the repayments/payments on your loan/financing, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access financing in the future.
Refinancing your loans/financing may take longer to pay off than your previous loan/financing and may result in paying more in interest/profit.
Apply for a mortgage now
Leave your details on our quick form and our expert mortgage team will call you back.
If you're an HSBC Premier customer, simply speak to your Relationship Manager to start your application, or log in to Online banking to get started.
HSBC mortgages apply to properties within Abu Dhabi and Dubai only. Loan amount must be 350,000 AED or more, for a tenor of minimum 5 years and maximum 25 years. Applicants must earn a salary of 15,000 AED or above to qualify.
Terms and Conditions apply.
What happens next?
Once you've submitted the documents to support your application:
- we'll arrange a valuation of your property
- you'll find out if your home loan application has been approved
- if approved, and the valuation is suitable, you should receive a home loan offer within 7 working days
- your HSBC home loan will be complete once all parties have finished their tasks
You might also be interested in
Should you buy or rent?
Take a look at our guide to help you decide if buying or renting is for you.
Home loan plans
Discover our range of home loans, so that you could find what could be right for you.